Saturday, June 11, 2016

Upcycled photo frame

Hi everyone,

June's challenge theme is Anything Goes, and our sponsor is KAISERCRAFT.  The prize is an amazing package worth $50 Australian.

For my project today I embellished an upcycled photo frame with die cuts, mixture of new and old pattern paper from KAISERCRAFT, chipborad, and a little bit of stamping.


I striped off all the original paper from the frame and covered it with a piece of pattern paper that came with a crafting magazine.   Then I embellished it as shown in the photos.

Here are some close ups:

The camera panel is cut from pattern paper named Bohemian from the Boho Dream Collection.  The cutting die for the globe is called Round The World.
The "Beautiful" tag is from the Bohemian paper.  The "Perfect Holiday" strip is from an older collection called Now Boarding.  The "Journey of a Thousand Miles" strip is cut from pattern paper called Passport from the Just Landed Collection.
The 'holiday' sticker is from an older collection called Check In.  The Polaroid chipboard is by Maya Road.  I covered it with plain white paper and added a strip of paper from the Bohemian paper.  The stamp image is from Hero Arts.
Both "Arrow" and "Best" tag are cut from Bohemian paper.  The "Day" are stickers from the Check In Collection.

To add dimension to the tags and camera panel, I cut matting boards to match their size and adhere to their backs before gluing onto the frame.

Supplies:
KAISERCRAFT Cutting Die: Round The World
Hero Arts Clear Stamp: Travel Journal
Memento Dye Ink: Tuxedo Black
Brads
Cardstock in Salmon Rose

Click the Monthly Challenge button located on the right side bar to get all the challenge detail and linkup.


Cindy and the Die Cut Divas

4 comments:

Arlene said...

I love how your frame turned out. I love that around the globe. I can see future puchases in my future.

The papers are to die for. :)

Michelle N. said...

What a great way to personalize the frame-great job!

Kara Lynne said...

I love your frame, Cindy! All the different elements come together beautifully!

Barb Ghig said...

What a great idea, Cindy! I love how you layered all of your die cuts, and your color palette is just perfect! So clever and totally fabulous!!!